- October 16, 2017
9:30 am - 11:30 am
Abstract Collage/Mixed Media For All Levels:
6 week program: On Mondays 9:30am-11:30am starting 10/16-11/20. Price: $150
Instructor: Cindy Laliwala
Materials are NOT included. This collage/mixed media class will be fun and relaxing class for all levels. Abstract art allows you to freely create and include all different elements and techniques It can be used as a art journaling/healing piece. Their will be a demonstration of the use of collage materials, glues, and different types of mediums. Participants will be encouraged to consider texture, mediums and turn their pieces into a 2D type painting. Advice and or critique will be on going. Bring as many kinds of print materials such as magazines and newspapers.
- Mod Podge (Matte or glossy- your preference) just for glueing pieces
- Cheap Brushes of different sizes to use for glue (These can be ruined so do not spend a lot of money on them)
- Any surface board or canvas boards you want to work on. The size will determine how long and how many pieces you complete
- Acrylic paints ( we do sell paint at the studio as well, $3.50 for 2oz)
- Any type of medium you want. I recommend a Acrylic Medium such as a soft, medium, hard or paste medium. ( we sell the soft gel medium $10-8oz) These work with paint whereas modge podge does not.
- Mod Podge (matte finish)
- All different types of paper new and various other materials such as fabric, string or etc
Brushes will be provided for painting. Bring you own if you are partial to your own. We have paper plates to use as palettes and water cups.